Sunday, October 24, 2010

Warm Heads, Warm Hearts

A few years ago I started following Soulemama. I love many of the creative ways she lives her life. One thing (of many) that inspired me was that every year she knits each member of her family a new hat. I figured, "hey, I can knit, I can do that!" Last year my hubby and J got matching hats, simple rolled brim hats since I didn't know how to purl yet.
Do you like how clean and organized his toys were back then? 
The hat for my hubby was too short and didn't cover his ears so this year I unraveled it to make a hat for O.
 The yarn is by Patons and I think the color is called Forest. The pattern is from one of my favorite hat knitting books, Baby Beanies by Amanda Keeys. (I have her book in my Amazon.com widget off to the right.) I started out making the pompom bear hat but finished it as the flour sack hat.
J's hat this year is one that I actually made last year, hence the rolled brim. It is also Paton's yarn, but I can't remember the name. I love how this yard stripes up the side and then spirals on top.
Of course you saw the hat I bought for C at the craft fair. I will knit her a hat later, but I'm not sure what pattern to use yet.
This next week is going to be busy, busy, busy here. My plans for the week include: making costumes for the kids (surprise what they'll be, but I'll share as I finish them), warm car seat blankets for the babies, and some party planning and cake making for J's 3rd birthday on the 1st. So if I don't post everyday, I apologize. I will try!
Back to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment