Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Day of Mismatched Socks


I was sitting during naptime the other day and my feet were cold. There was a pile of clean clothes next to me on the couch so I dug through it and found two non-matching socks. I dug through again hoping to find at least one of the socks' mates, but no luck. Now I could have gone downstairs and gotten a pair of matching socks, but then I's risk waking the babies, so I put on those mismatched socks. This got me to thinking about all the other goofy things I've done to avoid waking the babies. Here's what I came up with:

1. worn mismatched socks
2. been cold-in short sleeves, all my hoodies were downstairs (I now keep a hoody or sweater upstairs)
3. ran to the farthest corner of the house to sneeze (which really isn't that far)
4. not flushed to toilet (I know, I know-it's gross, but like they said, "if it's yellow, let it mellow....)
5. gone without my morning coffee (the grinder is loud)
6. drank cold coffee (microwave beep is loud)
7. stood in front of the microwave watching it and pulled to door open at 1 second so it doesn't beep
8. hand wrote an entire knitting pattern on paper instead of printing it (of course by the time I was finished the babies had woken up and I wasn't able to start knitting)

What crazy things have you done?

No comments:

Post a Comment